Sunday, January 4, 2009

on another note

Spent this entire weekend with A and it was just what this mom needed. I had been missing that boy to a degree that was starting to feel like longing, which borders on the needy side. Thirteen is still young, he is still a child, and he is my child and I have absolutely HATED not seeing much of him over the past couple of months.

This weekend, we played basketball, went to the mall, saw a movie, went running, watched football, had dinner... and it was pleasant. I know that more important than anything else is that I remember these moments everytime he declares, like only defiant teenagers can, how much he hates me. Remember these moments everytime there is something way more important/interesting/cool than me.

It is aweing that this boy, who's voice has deepened, who's features have become chiseled, who's shoulders are broadening, who's feet are humongous, will still hug his mother and tell her that he loves her.

I am so proud of my young man.

No comments:

Post a Comment